5 Benefits Of Adding Nuts To Your Diet
The benefits of adding nuts to your diet are many- they are high in antioxidants and a rich source of healthy fats. Their fibre content helps support digestion and elevates gut health while also aiding weight management. Believe it or not, these small nuts can also protect your heart from chronic diseases by protecting the arteries lining and lowering cholesterol. Now, if this did not convince you enough. Let us, deep-dive, into how important nuts can be to your diet.
- Rich in Antioxidants- Antioxidants are great if you are overworked and stressed. It tends to free cells that cause diseases. They are built with a compound called polyphenols which is the saviour of the day. This compound is what protects the body from harmful radical molecules. Walnuts and almonds have an increased content of antioxidants to protect the cells from any damage.
- Healthy Fats- Nuts are high in fats and if you think consuming a lot of nuts would be unhealthy for you, then we need to clean up the water and make it crystal clear. There are various types of fats such as monounsaturated fats, trans fats, polyunsaturated fats, and dietary saturated fats. Out of these, polyunsaturated, trans, and monounsaturated fats are fine for you to consume. The odd one out there is trans fats that are generally found in processed foods and can have a severe effect on your body. Most fats are good guys and are high in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats which have several health benefits such as managing blood pressure, better functioning of your nervous system, absorbing key nutrients and minerals to name a few. So, now that we busted that myth. Befriend consuming nuts and avoid misunderstanding the word “fat”
- Good For Heart Health- As mentioned above, the two fats that are highly beneficial to you are also very good for your heart health while also lowering your cholesterol. Now, there are two types of cholesterol, LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and HLP (High-density lipoprotein) of which, LPL tends to clog the arteries and increase the risk of chronic heart disease whereas HDL does not affect the heart. Nuts tend to lower the LPL levels in the body while also managing blood pressure and keeping the blood vessels healthy. Therefore, they are great munchies with great power.
- High Fibre- We all know that fibre is good for digestion and keeps the gut functioning better since it doesn't let your body get constipated and also reduces the chances of having irritable bowel syndrome. What is also interesting is that it also helps you avoid life-threatening health concerns like cancer, strokes, and diabetes. Including fibre in your diet is a have-to, need-to & a should-do. And nuts can be a great source of fibre that is easy to consume, carry along, and just generally munch on. Get yourself a daily dose trail mix to carry with you on a day-to-day basis. Maybe leave one packet of it in your car!
- Weight Management- Now, if your goal is to lose weight then nuts are your go-to snack! Walnuts, almonds, pistachios, and cashews are known to aid weight loss. Almonds make your body feel full after consuming a handful of them which also helps you prevent overeating or consuming more food during intervals. Walnuts are known for stimulating weight loss and fat loss while managing better body weight. It also helps control the appetite. Pistachios are high in protein which helps build better muscle tissues while also keeping you full for longer periods. Cashews are similar to pistachios by being high in protein content. They also do have a significant amount of magnesium that helps manage the metabolism in your body
Including these nuts in your diet can help you with several of your personal goals. If you want to “go nuts” there is a way you can create a snack that is loaded with a bunch of nuts and seeds that can be created specific to your diet- “Make My Snack” feature lets you select all the types of nuts and seeds you’d like to consume based on your diet routine and your taste.
Although, nuts also tend to have allergic reactions in many people. Ensure you have no such allergies before consuming these nuts regularly. Be mindful of what you eat and manage your diet according to what your body needs and avoid foods that have 0 benefits to your body.
- 0 Comments