10 Healthy Snacks That Will Get You Through Your Work Day
We know work can get boring sometimes. Munching on some snacks would seem like a great idea when the excel sheet’s data is putting your brain in a spiral. Eating some chips and biscuits/cookies would satisfy your craving, but are they healthy for you? Here is how you can re-energise your brain and satisfy your craving while keeping it healthy.
- Nuts & Berries - nuts and berries can be a fantastic snack. They can satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you healthy and high on fibre and potassium. They not only have antioxidant properties but also protect you from many diseases. So nuts & berries are a big thumbs up
- Granola - What's even better is to have those nuts and berries in a wholesome mixture of granola! It is a delightful snack you could add to your yoghurt or add into a small cup of milk. Granola can help you improve your blood pressure and increase your cognitive ability which will help you handle work pressure better and stay focused longer.
- Dark Chocolate - I bet you are glad to read this. Dark chocolate can be a great snack that gives you energy, alleviates stress, and improves your brain functioning. If you are someone with hypertension and get stressed easily at work, this could also be a great snack that can help you lower your blood pressure.
- Chia Puddings - You can have chia seeds with some fruit to feel healthy and fresh. Chia seeds are usually good for weight loss. They tend to make you feel full for longer. Therefore, if you are trying to lose weight, chia seeds with some fruits would be a great healthy snack to munch.
- Smoothies - Smoothies are great escapes. When you feel your energy dropping at work, a homemade smoothie with fruits & veggies or even an oatmeal smoothie will do you good.
- Fruit Bowls - Fruit bowls are excellent for your snack time. When dinner is 4 hours away- around 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. is a great time to have some fruits to rebuild some energy and feel fresh.
- Sunflower seeds - Sunflower seeds are a great source of fibre, fat, and protein. One good news about sunflower seeds is that they reduce hair loss due to having zinc and iron contents. Remember the excel sheet? You won't have to scratch your head over it.
- Pumpkin seeds - Pumpkin seeds are a great source of fibre that helps with digestive issues. It is always great to keep a small container with some pumpkin seeds at work in case you feel uneasy in the tummy.
- Salty Masala Peas - With vitamin C and E, peas are generally great for your overall immunity. Salty-Masala Peas can be a great snack for the chatpata flavour to accompany along with your evening tea or coffee.
- Makhana - All that workload will make you look old much faster. Therefore, eat some makhanas for snacks. They have anti-ageing properties and stabilise your blood sugar levels.
These are the little secrets to a healthy work-life that will prevent your health from deteriorating. Living in the city, swimming through the thick pollution to work, sitting in one spot for hours will have a significant effect on your body. These snacks will help you keep energized and in good shape. Also, don't forget to have plenty of water and stretch in intervals. Happy Healthy Snacking!!
- 0 Comments