10 natural weight loss foods which are backed by Science
Weight loss comes with a lot of myths about what should be eaten, how much should be eaten, hordes of diets, workout plans and whatnot. But it can be really confusing as to what to believe and what not to believe. So, to help you out, listed below are some foods that have been scientifically proven helpful in weight loss.
- Goji berries: These tiny red berries not only taste great but also come with many benefits. They are low in calories and can help reduce oxidative stress in your body. They are also good for heart health and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Quinoa: Quinoa contains B-complex vitamins which boost your metabolism and help you shed those extra pounds. Quinoa is also high in protein which helps in eliminating fat. It is rich in multiple nutrients, making it a great food for weight loss.
- Eggs: Eggs come with many benefits, and one of them is that they help you lose weight. They are high in protein and can help you eat fewer calories for 36 hours after eating. And hence they help in losing weight as well as body fat.
- Black Coffee: Coffee has been unfairly judged and it is actually loaded with antioxidants and has numerous health benefits. Caffeine has been proved to improve metabolism by 3-11% and increase fat burning by 10-29%.
- Green Tea: Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits and helps you lose weight. Green tea contains a small amount of caffeine which contains an antioxidant called catechins. These antioxidants work along with caffeine to enhance fat burning.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is replete with protein and fibre, which helps you feel full for a longer duration and hence you are less likely to overeat throughout the day. One cup of oatmeal for breakfast will keep you energized throughout the day and yet lighter.
- Blueberries: Blueberries have been scientifically proven to be incredibly low in calories and are extremely beneficial in weight loss. One cup of blueberries contains only 80 calories. You can have a whole cup of blueberries and still have consumed fewer calories than one cup of chips. Choosing blueberries as your snacks will help you feel more energized and full for a longer duration.
- Broccoli: Although this is not a very popular choice for many people, broccoli is one of the most nutritious foods and beneficial for weight loss. It is extremely fibrous and rich in vitamins like Vit A, Vit C and Vit K. It is also high in nutrients like potassium and calcium. It is one of the best foods to incorporate into your weight loss diet.
- Seeds: There are many many seeds like sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds that contain polyunsaturated fats. These fats are healthy and help reduce the inflammation in your body. They are also high in dietary fibre, which keeps you full for a longer time, thus preventing you from overeating.
- Watermelon: One cup of watermelon contains only 47 calories. It contains an antioxidant called ‘lycopene. Watermelon is also a wonderful source of complex carbohydrates, vitamins and water. Having one cup of watermelon will keep you full for longer durations, reduce inflammation in your body and keep you hydrated.
Make sure you begin your journey to a healthy lifestyle with natural weight loss foods rather than processed or packaged foods as they have multiple benefits and as well as great taste!
- 0 Comments