10 Surprising Foods that Boost Immunity
Immunity, a word we have been listening to aggressively for the past years. The coronavirus has shown us the importance of being immune. But what does immunity mean? And why it is so important? Immunity is specific antibodies that fight against disease, that can resist infections or toxic elements in our body. Being immune is needed to keep ourselves safe from antibodies that may affect our health. We will be discussing- 10 food items that will boost your immunity:
- Blueberries: Blueberries contain anthocyanin, an antioxidant that is rich in immunity. It plays an essential role in helping the respiratory system be free from infection. A study says that people eating foods containing anthocyanin are less likely to get cold or respiratory infections.
- Dark chocolate: It’s rich in theobromine, which is also an antioxidant that helps to improve the immune system by breaking the free radical molecules that are harmful, as they come from pollutants or even food items that can cause damage to the body. Try True Elements Dark Chocolate Range of Dark Chocolate Granola, Dark Chocolate Oatmeal and Dark Chocolate Pancake to enjoy this food in a healthier and tastier way!
- Turmeric: Also known as Haldi in Hindi, is widely used for cooking as well as for medicinal purposes, has a compound called Curcumin, which is rich in antioxidants and inflammatory properties, is present in turmeric, which is why when we get sick our mothers, tell us to drink “Haldi wala Doodh” or Turmeric Milk. You can try True Elements Turmeric Muesli to stay healthy.
- Broccoli: This vegetable is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which is good for our immune system and the skin. It can be consumed regularly with salads, soup or as a vegetable along with chapatis.
- Spinach: It’s a green, leafy vegetable with various essential nutrients and vitamins. It’s a rich source of vitamin C and D, which are beneficial for our skin and eyes. These vitamins also help to build a better immune system to fight germs.
- Sunflower seeds: Like any other seeds, sunflower seeds are also rich in antioxidants which helps to remove free radicals that can damage the blood cells. Consuming these seeds is helpful as they are also rich in vitamin E- which is also an antioxidant. Hence a great booster for immunity. You can enjoy them raw or roasted.
- Almonds: Another rich source of vitamin E and fibre that helps to build a better immune system. A person can consume a few almonds daily to stay fit and healthy in the raw form.
- Citrus fruits: Vitamin C is present in citrus fruits like oranges, grapes, lemons, etc. that helps to improve immunity. These fruits serve the purpose of uplifting the immune system best when eaten in raw form. You can consume them in the form of juices or salads.
- Green Tea: Contains flavonoids- that are rich in antioxidants which help to improve the immunity system. Green tea is also effective for curing a cold as well as helps in weight loss.
- Garlic: Garlic is highly recommended by many health experts because it is a rich source of antioxidants and allicin, a sulfur-containing compound that helps to boost the immune system.
We hope this blog helps you to build your immunity better, especially in this monsoon season and keeps you fit and healthy.
- 0 Comments