12 Foods Scientifically Proven To Boost Skin Health
It is the month of May, and summer is upon us. Many of you must be looking to take care of your skin in this scorching heat. But instead of using products on your skin, you can make some simple additions to your diet and ease the process.
Listed below are 12 foods that can boost your skin health:
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are replete with Vitamin E and antioxidants beneficial for your skin health.
- Flax seeds: Regular consumption of flax seeds can help you have reduced scaling and sensitivity, smoother skin, increased hydration and reduced roughness. These tiny seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acids (ALA) that make the skin look youthful.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain lycopene and many other major carotenoids, and they are also a great source of Vitamin C, which make them beneficial for your skin health. These carotenoids help prevent wrinkling and sun damage.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate containing high-quality cacao helps protect the skin. Cacao is rich in minerals and antioxidants that have an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.
- Berries: Berries can prove to be excellent for skin health. Goji berries, blueberries, cranberries and blackberries are all rich sources of nutrients and antioxidants. These antioxidants are anti-inflammatories that help your body to heal itself and do wonders for your skin.
- Leafy Greens: Leafy greens are also a brilliant source of antioxidants that help your skin health. They provide Vitamin A for dry skin, Vitamin C that works against sun damage and Vitamin E that works against inflammation.
- Turmeric: This simple spice has multiple benefits and works very well against inflammation. Mix turmeric with warm water and have this regularly to protect your skin from free radicals.
- Citrus Fruits: Fruits like grapefruit and lemons are packed with Vitamin C. Collagen is supported by Vitamin C to help your skin stay firm.
- Watermelon: Watermelons contain beta carotene and Vitamin C that makes them packed with antioxidants. 2 cups of cubed pieces of watermelon contains almost a full cup of water, thus keeping your skin hydrated.
- Kiwis: Kiwis are rich in Vitamin C that is beneficial for the skin. It helps zap free radicals in cells. Vitamin C also protects the skin against harmful UV rays and also keeps the skin hydrated.
- Carrots: Carrots are high in beta carotene that protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. They are also a good source of magnesium which helps you get good sleep. Getting plenty of beauty sleep for healthy skin is always recommended.
- Green tea: Green tea is loaded with Polyphenols (a type of antioxidant). Due to this, green tea is an excellent option to treat acne. Flavonoids in green tea also help in reducing fine lines.
These foods are scientifically proven to aid skin problems. Next time you think about having healthy skin, think of these foods and start your journey towards having healthy and glowing skin!
- 0 Comments
Add your Perspective
Recommended Products for you