12 Remedies for More Even Skin
We all hope and desire healthy skin - even-toned skin that is free of pimples, breakouts and wrinkles. Healthier skin gives us a sense of confidence. However, due to certain factors like pollution, unhealthy lifestyle and sun damage we all have realised that we need to work to achieve our skincare goals. Apart from following a good skincare routine, the diet that we follow has a huge impact on our skin. Here is a list of 12 food items that we can include in our diets to achieve more even skin.
- Eggs- Eggs have certain elements that can make the skin happier and healthier. They contain proteins, multivitamins and lutein. White multivitamins and lutein help the skin to remain hydrated, protein helps with repairing skin tissues. Thus, eating eggs can provide holistic nourishment to the skin. Eggs can be consumed in a variety of ways- egg salad, omelette, boiled, scrambled etc. Also, don’t forget to use the egg yolks in the diet as they contain fatty acids that can provide moisture to the skin and provide the glow that we all desire.
- Dark Chocolate -A tasty treat with amazing skin benefits. What else do we need? Dark chocolate contains minerals like copper, zinc and iron that help in removing dead skin cells. Consuming dark chocolate helps in reducing sun damage and can provide a smooth texture to the skin.
- Chia seeds-Lack of Chia seeds can lead to dry skin and that could hamper the goal of achieving even skin. Chia seeds contain Omega-3 which can help in providing the required nourishment to the skin. You can add these chia seeds to your smoothies and let them do wonders for your skin.
- Green Tea-Green tea consists of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich properties that can provide much-needed protection to the skin. Green tea helps the skin by controlling pimples and acne. Drinking green tea can help in reducing wrinkles and thin lines and thus provide a smooth texture to the skin.
- Avocado-The fruit is a rich source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E which help in achieving the goal of healthy skin. The vitamins and the fats present in avocado helps with skin repair and treat conditions like acne and eczema. It can also help in reducing wrinkles and making the skin look more even.
- Walnuts-Walnuts are full of Vitamin B that can help in reducing wrinkles and giving the skin an even tone.
- Almonds-Need protection from dark spots? Add almonds to your diet as they are rich in Vitamin E that provide the required hydration to the skin and allow the skin to breathe.
- Cashews- Full of Vitamin E, selenium and zinc, cashews can be a good way to achieve healthier and happier skin. Selenium and Vitamin E help in reducing inflammation and zinc helps in replenishing the damaged skin areas.
- Pistachios- The antioxidants in pistachios help in reducing acne. It controls the oily texture of the skin and helps the skin to be more even.
- Tomatoes- Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called Lycopene that can reduce the ageing process of the skin and provide protection from sun damage. Tomatoes can be added into the diet by way of salad, sauce, sandwiches etc.
- Kiwi- Kiwi induces the circulation of oxygen and thus helps with reducing dark circles. It has potassium that helps the skin from dryness and makes the skin more healthy.
- ChickPeas-Chickpeas are rich in magnesium and this property helps in achieving the smooth texture of the skin by reducing wrinkles. The zinc present in chickpeas also helps in removing acne scars.
Add a mix of the listed ingredients to your diet and allow your skin to be healthy and happy. Also, have lots and lots of water to make sure that your skin remains hydrated.
- 0 Comments