5 healthy berries you can eat anytime
Berries are soft, round, tangy and chewy. They come in different sizes, flavours and colours. The majority of the berries are grown in the US and Canada region due to the weather conditions. Even though they are grown in Canada, they are still famous worldwide due to their taste, flavours and health benefits. Berries are rich in antioxidants and minerals like- vitamin C, E and fibres, which are healthy for the heart, skin and hair. But you can still have the berries in your jams, pickles or even cakes.
I am listing some top 5 berries that you should include in your diet, as they are -healthy and you can enjoy them anytime.
- Blueberries: These berries are tiny blue-coloured and have a refreshing taste. They are rich in Vitamin K and antioxidants called anthocyanins, which is a quick mood enhancer. They also have different antioxidants that are good for heart and skin health. Consuming blueberries can eventually help to improve heart health as they have lower LDL- bad cholesterol. They may also be beneficial for people with diabetes as it increases insulin sensitivity. Enjoy blueberries as jam or make tasty blueberries muffins.
- Cranberries: One of the famous berries nowadays. It is trending because of its tangy taste and red colour - making them extremely attractive. Cranberries are consumed widely in the form of cranberry juice or raw. These berries are rich in antioxidants and are said to be beneficial for people suffering from UTI. These berries help remove the bacterias in the gut and the urinary tract, which eventually helps to reduce the risk of infection. Also, these berries are rich in various antioxidants and vitamins, which are helpful for skin and hair enhancement.
- Grapes: We all know that they are grown on grapevines. These are grown in the Middle East part of the globe and cultivated to make wines. Grapes are also popular as fruits which in India we generally consume in summers. Their juicy flavour and green colour make it a favourite of kids. However, these grapes are rich in many proteins and vitamins. They are a rich source of fibre, potassium and minerals. These nutrients may help to prevent high blood pressure, constipation and eye problems. It is also suitable for diabetes if suggested by their doctor. Have grapes raw or make grape juice for refreshing yourself on hot days.
- Goji Berries: These berries are also known as wolfberries. They are red and a bit longer than the regular round-shaped berries. Apart from eating it raw, these berries are used for medical purposes too. These berries contain an antioxidant called polyphenols that are essential to increase blood antioxidant levels. The berries are healthy for the eyes due to the presence of Vitamin A. Eating 28g of goji berries can help you consume your daily requirement of 42% of vitamin A. Try making goji juice, or eat them raw.
- Strawberries: They originated from Europe and are also grown in some parts of North America. Strawberries are bright red with a sweet and sour taste. They contain 91% of water content apart from the pulp. With limited carbohydrates and a low glycemic index, these berries can be a part of your diet. It might not lead to sudden sugar spikes, so it can be considered safe for people having diabetes. They are an excellent source of Vitamin C, an antioxidant good for immunity and skin health. Due to the presence of antioxidants, it’s good for heart health and blood sugar regulation. Enjoy them raw or make strawberry jam!
Apart from the berries mentioned above, there are other berries like raspberries, bilberries and a few more, which are healthy. You can always incorporate berries into your diet as they have many nutritional benefits that you might not want to ignore.
- 0 Comments