7 Days, 7 Recipes for Your Healthy Morning Routine
“Breakfast is the most crucial meal of the day” And, it is essential, but how can we simultaneously make it exciting and healthy? As someone who has suffered from several health issues, I can now address that breakfast may be essential, but we need it to be easy to cook and handy. By handy, I mean for people running late for the office and mothers who find it hard to wake up every morning and decide what to make for their school-going kids. I’ve got you covered; I’m about to list some mouthwatering, easy-to-make, fun, and healthy recipes for breakfast.
So, the first recipe is for the “not so punctual people”, this ones handy and can be carried on the way to school, college and offices. You can munch it while on the way to the office.
- Ice cream cone made from Wheat flour
- Fruits of choice
- So, starting with any Yogurt (Homemade, Greek Yogurt, or even store-bought).
- Fill the wheat flour ice cream cones with Yogurt.
- Add fruits of choice to start your day on a delicious yet healthy note. (If making it for kids, be generous and add a little bit of maple syrup to add a hint of sweetness.)
Oatmeal Crunch Bowl (Muesli)
Oatmeal is one of the yummiest and healthiest snacks, and when toasted, it’s like heaven. So, this recipe is easy and can be incorporated into any diet.
- Bake or toast rolled oats until crispy, add jowar flakes, any seeds ( I prefer watermelon or sunflower seeds), add berries of choice to add a sweet-sour flavour.
- Almonds for a crunch.
- Last but not least, honey for flavour.
A Healthy Version of Crepes/Dosa
Indian Dosa is almost an American crepe served with spicy veggies of any sort. Dosa is a well-known South Indian breakfast of firm crepes made with rice and lentil mixture. With simple ingredients, figure out how to make the exemplary Dosa without hesitation.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Blend the flours, baking soda, and salt in a bowl with sufficient water to make a runny mixture.
- Heat a pan over medium-high. Utilizing a ladle, pour about a large portion of a cup of the mixture into the centre of the frying pan. Right away, spread outward in a round movement with the lower part of the ladle. Adjust the thickness according to your choice.
- Sprinkle some oil around the edges. Cook until the top is dry and the edges are seared. Transfer to a plate.
- Present it with chutney.
Basic Oatmeal Mixture (can be used for a week)
This recipe is for working ladies/mothers, or if you don’t want to be late for work in the morning, take paper and pencil and note it down. You can fill a jar or a container with this recipe, and it can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. In the morning, it can be thick, so if you don’t prefer it, add more liquid and top it with toppings of your choice. I prefer fruits for tanginess and seeds for a healthy start.
- Rolled oats
- Yoghurt (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Start by adding rolled Oats (as needed), pour Milk on top, and add Maple syrup, Chia seeds, or Yogurt if you prefer.
- Store it in the refrigerator.
- Next morning, take your desired serving and add Milk if you prefer; otherwise, add fruits or seeds of your choice! This recipe is a personal favourite and a great morning kickoff.
So, you all must wonder what’s unique about this omelette; its speciality is the essential oil, lemon essential oil. This is a personal favourite recipe I used when I was suffering from acne, and as soon as I found out that lemon essential oil reduces acne, I incorporated it into my every meal. This reduced acne and gave my food the yummiest aroma and taste, which I’d love to share with you all.
- Few drops of Lemon oil
- Egg (1)
- A tablespoon of Water
- Salts and spice as needed
- One teaspoon of Milk for fluffiness
- Beat the egg until both yolk and whites are well incorporated.
- Add Water, Milk, spices, and salt.
- Beat as much as you can until resulting in a creamy and firm omelette.
- Fry on a pan with butter, add a few drops of lemon oil and cover the lid.
- Serve with bread of your choice, or you can munch on with a fork.
Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel like eating anything, but instead, I want to drink something. So, this recipe is perfect for people who have this weird feeling in the morning.
- Dried berries
- ¼ Cup Milk/Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- Any 1 Vegetable
- Few Watermelons seeds
- 1 Frozen banana
Blend all the ingredients listed above and enjoy!
Try these healthy yet tasty recipes to kickstart your day and stay energized throughout! Share in the comments if you tried any and which one is your favourite.
- 0 Comments