8 Best Foods For Healthy Weight Gain
For some people, gaining weight can be as hard as it is for some to lose weight. It could be because of fast metabolism or rigorous workouts. Some might think eating junk foods can help you gain weight, but it is crucial that you build muscles and not unhealthy fats. Exercising regularly and intake of protein-rich meals is the right and healthy way to gain.
Here is a list of the 8 best foods that you can consume during your weight gain journey:
- Granola: Granola consists of rolled oats mixed with fruits, nuts and honey. All of this is what makes a healthy and filling breakfast. It is vital to choose granola that does not contain added sugar. You can consume granola throughout the day in different ways like with milk/yoghurt, make parfaits, granola bars, etc.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt can be helpful for weight gain as they are full of nutrients and vitamins. But avoid flavoured ones as they contain high amounts of artificial sweeteners and flavours. Adding fruits or seeds to yoghurt can be a tasty and nutritious way to consume it.
- Trail Mix: Trail mix can be a healthy snack and built according to your preference. But it is crucial to add the right ingredients to enjoy the ultimate goodness of the trail mix. Adding elements like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, cranberries can help with healthy weight gain while adding foods like candies or other sugary foods will increase only your sugar level. Gather ingredients in the morning and munch on them throughout the day.
- Whole Grain Cereals: Whole grain cereals like Oats, Wheat flakes, Bajra Flakes, Jowar Flakes can be a healthy way of gaining weight as they are full of nutritious properties. They have healthy calories along with essential carbs. Along with weight gain, they can give you many other health benefits like improved digestion, build muscles, and protect heart health.
- Cheese: Cheese is a good source of fat, protein and calcium. Full fat cheese is perfect for someone who is looking to gain weight. Eating mozzarella cheese may also help in boosting immunity and help fight infections.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is high in fibre and protein. They are naturally gluten-free and plant-based proteins. They contain plenty of vitamins, minerals and nutrients, required by the body for carrying out the overall functioning. Quinoa is a healthier alternative to rice.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are an easy and cost-effective way to boost your calorie intake. Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates that can help you gain weight and also build muscles.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark Chocolate is an excellent source of antioxidants and is known for relieving stress. Dark chocolate is a sweet treat filled with fibre, magnesium, iron and moderate amounts of sugar, making it a perfect snack for weight gain.
What you intake is very important whether it is to lose or gain weight. While trying to gain weight, consuming enough and healthy calories in a day is vital. But, steer clear from junk food and focus on healthy, whole foods only.
- 0 Comments