Amazing Benefits of Drinking Chamomile Tea Before Bed
We all know green tea, black tea or any other ordinary tea is produced from a tree. Chamomile Tea is produced from a daisy-like plant and not from a tree like green or black tea. This tea consists of dried chamomile flowers in its natural form. It consists of plant compounds which have sleep-inducing properties. It consists of a flavonoid called chrysin which is known to be considered as a sleep aid.
It possesses a mild fruit-like flavour and apart from its delicious flavour, it has several therapeutic properties. Presence of terpenoids, flavonoids and bioactive compounds can be responsible for giving a healing touch to the body.
Dried chamomile flower has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antifungal and antioxidant properties which can have an added advantage to your overall health of the body.
Below are some of the amazing benefits of Chamomile Tea if consumed right before going to bed:
- Eases anxiety: Many people suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). Drinking this tea on a regular basis can help ease the symptoms of GAD and helps in calming the nervous system of the brain. It is also known to relieve stress and other symptoms of anxiety.
- Relieves PMS symptoms: Drinking chamomile tea during the menstrual cycle can not only induce a good sleep but also helps in keeping you relaxed. Consumption of this tea regularly can reduce the muscle cramps and irritability. This tea can help in increasing the levels of glycine, a compound which is responsible for calming the muscles.
- Good for stomach: Since it possesses antispasmodic properties, it is great for treating an upset stomach by regulating the bowel movements. It also has muscle relaxing properties which cures stomach cramps and helps in getting rid of constipation.
- Eases muscle tensions: Too much stress and anxiety cause muscle tension. This can be prevented by drinking chamomile tea as it has several amino acids which soothe the muscle cramps and reduces twitching.
- Good against inflammatory disorders: It has anti-inflammatory properties which are responsible for providing relief for people suffering from arthritis, fatigue, rheumatism and other such auto-immune disorders. This tea boosts the level of nitric oxide in the body which provides instant relief from pain and discomfort caused because of the inflammation.
- Nurtures the skin health: It is known to reduce the dark circles and the puffiness of eyes. Taking the steam of this tea can also enhance the skin health. Take few chamomile dried flowers on a warm cloth and place it on your skin. This can help in treating the burns and infected area. This tea can also help to lighten the skin, thereby making you look younger with age.