Amazing Benefits of Flax Seeds for Hair Growth
Hair growth has always been an ever-increasing issue since the last few years because of the several changes in lifestyle. Change in the eating habits, hair care products, pollution, etc. are some of the factors responsible for the massive hair fall issues nowadays. When it comes to looking for ways on how to boost hair growth, we often end up on selecting the best hair care product to nourish your hair.
But have you ever tried flax seeds for your hair? As strange as it sounds, it is surprising to know how these tiny flax seeds can do a lot to your hair. Check out rest of the post to know how you can boost your hair growth in a natural and healthy way, without harming the quality of your hair:
Flax Seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which are a must for the hair follicles. It is also necessary to increase the elasticity of hair fibres. These fatty acids possess anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing inflammation caused by various scalp conditions like dandruff, itchy scalp, etc, thus helping in the hair growth.
They are also highly rich in essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals which are necessary for the body and health of skin, hair, nails, etc. Regular consumption of a handful of these seeds can nourish hair, protect the scalp, prevent premature greying of hair, combat split ends, etc. It also keeps them hydrated which is beneficial for the hair follicles.
High in lignin, a certain substance which regulates the bowel movements, thus improving the immune system. Provided the internal system and its functioning is on track, you can stay away from many diseases which lead to unnecessary hair loss.
Flax Seeds are also a rich source of soluble and insoluble dietary fibre which can carry out proper functioning of the intestines and thus maintain a good gut health. This ensures that the body can absorb several nutrients and hence stimulate hair growth.
It can be used in either way to promote hair growth, internally or externally.
- Consume a spoonful of flax seeds every day as a snack or whenever hunger strikes.
- Include these seeds in stir-fried veggies. It will not only give a unique flavour to the meal but will also increase the nutritional value of it.
- You can also add these seeds to salads as a garnish.
- Take a bowl of seeds and grind it in a mixture. Store this in an air-tight container and then you can use it in any way you wish to. You can add it to salads, smoothies, soups, yogurts, bakery foods, etc. which will give a crisp and nutty flavour to the food and make it a tasty treat.
- Prepare an effective hair gel out of these seeds. Take 2 cups of water in a vessel and keep it to boil on a higher flame for a few minutes. As the water starts boiling, add a few tablespoons of flax seeds to it. Cover the vessel with a lid and lower the flame. Boil it for about 15-20 minutes and then strain the mixture. The mixture would be slightly thick and sticky. Apply this mixture to your scalp every day and rinse off with cold water. This will not only promote hair growth but also make it thicker and shinier than before.
- 0 Comments