Amazing Things Chamomile Tea can do to Your Body
Since centuries, herbal teas have been used as a tisane for curing several disorders of the human body. Due to this reason, nowadays, these type of teas are being researched more and more for their various health benefits. Not depending upon the research, but if our ancestors have been using these teas, there might actually be something about those teas which would be working wonders for their health.
If you are that person who drinks tea on a regular basis, you have got plenty of options for your better health. A recent research in the United States proved that there are certain types of tea like green, black, oolong, chamomile which takes your health to another level. These teas not only come in exquisite flavours and aroma, but also has its own set of health benefits for any individual.
One such special variant of herbal tea is Chamomile Tea. It is considered to be one of the most ancient teas known to mankind. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, this tea was consumed by Romans, Greeks and Egyptians as a medicinal liquid to expedite the process of healing wounds.
On conducting several research and studies, it was concluded that this tea greatly helps to calm muscle spasms, avoids bacterial viruses, and has the ability to treat wounds.
For more such health benefits, read the following blog below:
Calms Muscle Cramps:
- Drinking this tea raises the urine levels of glycine, a component which is linked to causing muscle cramps. Once these levels are raised, it relaxes your muscles which allows this tea to act as an effective remedy for curing stomach aches and menstrual cramps.
Helps Fight Cancer:
- This tea possesses several antimicrobial properties and also consists antioxidants which reverses the growth of cancerous cells, thus protecting you from the risk of developing cancer.
- Bring extremely low in calories and rich in antioxidants, this tea helps in keeping blood sugar levels under control, preventing you from the danger of diabetes.
Treats cuts and wounds:
- Chamomile tea consists of an antioxidant called Matricaria Chamomilla which expedites the process of healing cuts and wounds due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Promotes clear skin:
- Because of the presence of anti-inflammatory properties, this tea prevents the onset of skin irritation such as acne, itching etc by avoiding the entry of foreign particles into the body. Along with treating rashes, it also provides a therapeutic effect on the skin which helps prevents stress-related acne.
Improves your digestion:
- Apart from the anti-inflammatory properties, this tea also possesses antispasmodic and carminative properties which helps in improving the bowel movements and regulates proper digestion of food. It is also able to cure irritable frequent stomach aches and abdominal gas pain.
Helps you sleep:
- Tryptophan found in the chamomile flowers allows your stress level to decrease, lower your tensions and headache, and thus provides you with a soothing sleep free from stress.