Beet Quinoa Khichdi
Khichdi is comfort food. This one is warm comforting food. The quinoa makes it all the more nutritious and delicious. This is a fiber-packed meal for sure
1/4th cup green moong dal
1/2 chopped or grated beetroot
10g horse gram (pre-soaked overnight)
1tsp cumin seeds
Salt and Pepper as per taste
2 green chilies
Oil or ghee
Coriander leaves chopped
1 chopped onion
1 chopped tomato
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Wash the quinoa well and drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil or ghee and let it become hot. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add horse gram and moong dal. And let it turn golden brown. Add chilies and mix well.
- Add onion, tomato and chopped beetroot. Saute it well. Tomatoes should turn soft.
- Add the quinoa followed by salt and pepper.
- Add required water and pressure cook until 3 whistles.
- While serving, add a spoon of ghee and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.