Beetroot Quinoa Patty
Who says healthy can’t be tasty? Wait till you try this new beetroot quinoa patty. Containing more than four superfoods, this recipe is a sure shot winner. It is flavourful and nutritious and most importantly, very easy to prepare. These patties are tender and moist on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside. It is a perfect healthy alternative to your street food cravings. And do not forget the deep magenta hue that the raw beets impart which make these patties look irresistible.
1/2 Onion, finely chopped, large
1 cup white button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 cup Chickpeas, boiled
1 cup raw beet, grated
1 ½ tsp Cumin powder
3/4 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 cup raw walnuts, crushed
Salt- as desired
1/4 tsp Pepper powder
1 tsp Olive oil
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and the olive oil.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till the onions turn soft.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Lower the flame and add the chopped mushroom.
- Throw in another pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, till the onions and mushrooms turn brown.
- Turn down the heat and add the boiled chickpeas and mash them well.
- The mixture can now be transferred to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked quinoa, grated beets, spices and mix well.
- Finally, add the crushed walnuts and shape the patties.
- Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 190 and coat your baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the chilled patties on the baking tray and bake at 190 for 30-40 minutes.
- Flip the patties gently after 15-20 minutes.
- Serve your patties with mixed greens and puffed quinoa.