Benefits of Halim Seeds
Halim Seeds, also known as Aliv or Garden Cress seeds are one of the superfoods that people are enjoying nowadays. These tiny red color seeds are highly nutritious and actually quite beneficial. But there are many superfoods available nowadays, why should one consume Halim?
The reasons can be many to consume these tiny seeds, let's try to understand how these seeds are healthy for us and what benefits they have:
- It helps in treating anemia: Anemia is found in 59% of children, 53% of women, and around 50% of pregnant women- means almost half of the population of India is suffering from anemia- iron deficiency disease. These seeds are rich in iron which helps to build red blood cells which eventually increases the hemoglobin level of an individual.
- Regulates menstrual cycle: Menstrual problems have increased a lot as compared to previous years. Why? Stressful life, the “not so healthy” lifestyle, change in working patterns, etc can be the key factors resulting in menstrual problems, especially not getting periods on time. These seeds have estrogen hormone which helps to regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Boosts Immunity: It’s really important to have a good immune system, as nobody likes to get ill. Immunity plays an important role to keep you fit and disease-free. The seeds are rich in antioxidants and various vitamins and minerals that boost immunity.
- Weight Loss: As many seeds already help in weight loss due to their rich fibre content, Halim seeds too help you for the same. The proteins and fibre present in Halim seeds make you feel satisfied and ghrelin( hunger hormone) makes sure you don’t overeat. Weight loss is tough but not impossible. It can be achieved with a proper diet and lifestyle.
- Helps to treat indigestion: The seeds are rich in fibre and have various vitamins and minerals, which help to treat constipation. It can be consumed daily to clear your digestive system which provides relief from constipation or indigestion.
- Boosts Memory: It is often believed that almonds boost your memory, well they do and technically these seeds do it too. Aliv contains arachidonic acid and linolenic acid which boosts memory. So next time when you take almonds, take 1 tablespoon of these seeds too!
- Beneficial for lactating mothers: The seeds are a rich source of alkaloids and flavonoids which help to improve the hormones in women. It also helps to develop the mammary glands of women which helps in maintaining maternal milk production.
There are few more reasons like reducing the risk of breast cancer, good for people suffering from cardiac problems, diabetics, osteoarthritis, liver problems, etc. which states why it’s important to have Halim seeds in our diet. So now after knowing the wonders of these tiny red seeds and realizing their importance, let’s start having them in our diet. It can be consumed directly, sprinkle in a salad, or can even be added to your nimbu-pani.
- 0 Comments