Benefits of Oats for Fitness and Exercise
Who said Oats are just for weight loss? They are much more than that! It has become very cliche to eat Oats only when you are trying to lose some weight. The truth is that they are an excellent example of eating healthy which is equivalent to being fit.
What makes Oats a good source of Food for your Fitness?
- Oats in any form are a good source of fibre, protein and healthy carbohydrates.
- They are plant-based proteins which also makes it a good source of protein for vegetarian and vegan consumers.
- These are also packed with a good amount of Iron which helps in the oxygen passage to the muscles throughout the process of workout.
- The presence of B vitamins in Oats makes it beneficial for boosting Muscles since it helps in converting carbs into energy for the muscles to reap all the benefits.
- Oats have dietary fibres in high quantities, which results in feeling full in just little time.
This makes you eat a little less and consume less calories, thus making you feel energetic and active throughout the day!
Which are the Key Minerals essential for boosting your muscular strength?
Oats are rich in Magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, manganese and thiamin - all of which are vital for your fitness and exercise regime.
While there are different types of Oats available as per your diet preferences, when it comes to choosing the perfect Oats type for your fitness diet, Steel Cut Oats are the major contributors.
Why is Steel Cut Oats the perfect choice for your Fitness?
If you are trying to lose weight and build your muscles Steel Cut Oats would be the right option for you.
- They are more dense and make you feel full in just a little quantity.
- The energy lasts long and doesn’t increase the insulin fast, thus managing your blood sugar levels.
- They are also rich in complex carbohydrates which takes longer to break down and hence provides a more sustained source of active energy for your body.
Other Variants of Oats and its Benefits:
Starting your day with a bowl of instant oatmeal boosts your intake of B-complex vitamins. It also gives you half of your daily requirement of vitamin A, an antioxidant that benefits your vision and helps strengthen your immune system.
Oats are a rich source of fiber, both soluble and insoluble, which helps in regulating bowel movements and hence boosts easy digestion. Including oats in your daily diet can keep the issue of indigestion at bay. Savour them as part of your breakfast meal.
Whole Oat Groats:
Oat groats - another name for intact, hulled oat grains - make a healthful addition to your diet. Like other whole grains, they help fight Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Want to give your taste palate a break but not your healthy eating, check out some of the delicious recipes that you can make with oats. Bon Appetit!
Click here to browse through the recipes!
Most of the oat brands have sugar in it, please check the nutritional value before purchasing it.
True Elements Oats are 100% wholegrain with Zero Added Sugar, check the back of our pack to know more.
- 0 Comments