Berry Shortbread Cookies
Cranberry shortbread cookies are buttery, soft, and they melt in your mouth! Hands down, one of the best Christmas cookies to make and share. Shortbread Cookies are soft and airy with a whole lot of butter.
1 cup Powdered Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Jaggery Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup True Elements Dried Cranberries
1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
1 and a 1/2 cup Flour (all purpose)
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Mix together Butter and Sugar and Whist it until you get a creamy texture.
- Add vanilla essence, dried cranberries, lemon juice and mix it with a Spatula.
- Add the flour and mix it rigorously.
- Now, shape the dough into a log (long enough for the desired size of cookies).
- Wrap it in a cloth and refrigerate it for 3 hours to let the butter settle in.
- Once refrigerated, cut the log into thick slices and coat each cookie with Sugar
- Place these cookies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake it in a preheated oven (180 degrees for 20 mins preheat) for 12 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Once baked, take out the cookies, let them cool and relish it with tea or coffee.
Note: The cookie dough can be refrigerated for upto 3 days and can be baked fresh whenever needed.