Best Foods You Should Consume to Prevent Hair Loss
Are you horrified by seeing more and more hair strands in your comb with each passing day? You are not alone. Approximate 80 million Americans are facing this issue due to several reasons such as autoimmune disorders, diabetes, nutritional deficiencies, stress, lack of sleep, etc. Change in eating habits, diet, lifestyle also contributes to hair loss.
Fill your plate with nutrient-dense foods and see the change in few spans of time:
- Hair and nails are a protein fibre which requires protein in high amounts. Proteins help in the growth of new strands and strengthening the old ones. Protein is also necessary to produce keratin, one of the most important components of hair. Salmon is not only rich in proteins, but also in omega-3 fatty acid and other vital vitamins.
- Apart from treating sore throat, cough and cold, honey is also said to benefit the hair fall issues. In a study of patients who suffered from extreme hair loss, they were said to apply a paste of 90% honey and 10% water for about a month and the results showed improvement in the quality and quantity of hair.
Nuts and Seeds:
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids along with other essential proteins are likely to treat hair loss problems in many ways. Nuts and seeds, apart from their crunchy taste, they are a powerhouse of nutrients which benefit the bodily functions. Include foods like walnuts, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, oil such as grapeseed oil and sesame oil. These foods greatly contribute to thicken and enhance the quality of hair.
- The biggest reason behind extreme hair loss is a deficiency of vitamin D and iron in the body. Spinach is highly rich in iron and vitamins like vitamin C which helps in iron absorption. Include spinach in your salads along with eggs or mushrooms, both of which are rich in vitamin D to give a boost to the hair growth.
- When it comes to preventing and treating hair fall problems, zinc is the most important mineral. A study was conducted which indicated that low level of zinc can cause hair loss. Hence, consumption of foods rich in zinc is necessary to boost the hair growth. Oysters contain more amounts of zinc as compared to other foods. You can also include foods like eggs, sunflower seeds, oatmeal, whole grains, chickpeas, etc.