Best Practices For A Calm Mind And Healthy Body
A calm mind brings inner strength; a calm mind brings happiness.
Life is a hustle, whether it’s managing our finances, our relationships, or our health. If anything, these recent times has shown us, it is the importance of our health. Covid has shown us that all the wealth in the world cannot buy you health. While you have been going around trying to consume all the possible immunity boosters to help your body fight the virus, have you considered how your mind is doing? Lockdowns and isolations have taken a toll on people’s mental health. If you are constantly stressed, worried or angry, don’t worry, you are not alone. While certain things are not in your control, keeping calm during these situations can be possible. Having a relaxed mind is very important as it helps you think more clearly. A relaxed mind will keep your body healthy.
Here are some best practices that can help you have a calm mind during these difficult times:
- Breathing exercises: Deep breaths can effectively calm your stressed-out mind anywhere and at any time. Deep Breathing is a simple technique that has proven to be helpful. You can sit or lay down in a quiet place such as your bed or the floor at home. Slowly start breathing in at the count of three and then breathe out to the same count of three. Repeat three times or as long as you need to feel calm. There are plenty of breathing exercises for deep relaxation. Try transcendental meditation.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can be a great way to combat stress. Putting your body through physical stress can help relieve mental stress. Regular workout activities like jogging, running, weight training or any other physical activity can help lower stress by releasing endorphins. Exercising can improve your sleep and self-image as well.
- Write down your thoughts and feelings: Another simple technique to calm your mind is to pen down your thoughts. You can write it down in some notebook or your notes app on your phone. Just focus on expressing yourself. You do not have to use fancy words or even spell everything correctly. Maintaining a journal for the same can be helpful.
- Do yoga: Yoga has become one of the most popular ways to deal with stress among all age groups. Practising yoga can give physical as well as psychological benefits. It can help you get in a better mood and help you stay focused on the present moment. Encouraging yourself to take a break by practising yoga is a very effective stress reliever.
- Short walks: If you are overwhelmed in some situations, the best thing to do is disconnect from stress and reconnect with nature. Taking short walks in a garden or an open space can help your mind free up.
- Soak in a warm bath: A quick, warm bath can be a great way to relax your mind and body. Lighting a fragrant candle can be helpful as well to calm down.
- Listening to soothing music: Slow and ambient music can induce calming stimulation by helping lower blood pressure and heart rate. It can relieve stress and instantly put you in a good mood. Listening to your favourite tunes is a simple way of promoting relaxation as it releases tension in your muscles, carrying away any stress.
- Eating right: What you eat can highly impact how you feel. Eating unhealthy junk food can make you feel sluggish and bloated while causing mood swings. Healthy eating can give you a healthy mind and body. Wholesome foods like berries, whole grain oats, fish, nuts, fruits and dark chocolate are known to improve your mood. Occasionally indulging in your favourite desserts can also instantly make you feel good. Here are 10 Foods That Help You To Fight Depression.
Nurturing a calm mind isn’t about avoiding every kind of stressful emotion. Stress and worries are unavoidable, but your reactions to these situations will help you cultivate a calm mind. Trying these simple techniques can be highly beneficial for your mental health.
On the occasion of Yoga Day & World Music Day, let’s remind ourselves to take a break mentally and breathe deeper! Happy Yoga Day! Happy World Music Day!
- 0 Comments