Chia seeds Nutrition and Facts you should know
Lately, chia seeds have become popular in a weight watcher's diet. People use chia seeds to thicken smoothies, make pudding and sprinkle over salads. Chia seeds are versatile in nature and consumed daily. Incorporating these seeds into your diet is simple highly beneficial too.
Given below are some chia seeds nutrition facts
NUTRITIOUS FUN FACT:
Approximately 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds contain:
- Fibres - 11 grams
- Proteins - 4 grams
- Fat - 9 grams (5 grams of which are omega-3s fatty acids)
- Calcium - 18% of RDI
- Manganese - 30% of RDI
- Magnesium - 30% of RDI
- Phosphorus - 27% of RDI
- Digestible carbohydrates – 1 gram
- Calories – 137 (only)
- Decent amounts of zinc, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Potassium & Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
FACTS RELATED TO CHIA SEEDS:
- Chia Seeds are called superfoods for their dense nutrients content.
- These seeds help in weight management, thereby avoiding the risk of obesity.
- Chia seeds are high in protein and fibre that helps in reducing appetite and leaves you feeling satisfied, which means less snacking on junk foods.
- They are low on digestible carbs and are anti-inflammatory. Therefore, consuming chia seeds regularly as part of your diet helps keep bloating at bay and helps the body maintain a healthy weight and blood sugar levels.
- They are considered a powerhouse of dietary fibres.
- These seeds are full of rich proteins, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorus, magnesium, among other micronutrients.
- They are also gluten-free and are easier to digest. Hence consuming chia seeds regularly helps the body improve glucose and insulin tolerances.
- They help lower the rise in blood sugar after a high-carb meal and benefit patients with type 2 diabetes.
- They may help prevent various cardiovascular diseases and risks.
- Often, when we get caught up with lots of work, the stress level increases. Therefore, we often feel tired and depressed all the time. Chia seeds have Omega 3 fatty acids that help in enlightening moods.
- Daily intake of Chia Seeds can help fight depression. Chia Seeds have a combination of Serotonin and Melatonin that assures you relaxation during night hours resulting in an improved sleep cycle.
- A blend of Calcium, Zinc, Phosphorus and Vitamin A work well for the whitening of teeth.
- Chia seeds make great for pre or post-workout snack since they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.
If you are confused about how to incorporate these seeds in your diet so you can get all the benefits of it, it's easy. Sprinkle raw or roasted seeds on your salads, add them to thicken smoothies or milkshakes. Make healthy puddings. You can add them to your lemonade or green tea or soak chia seeds for an hour and then drink them with water. Chia seeds can replace eggs in baking.
- 0 Comments