Chia seeds Nutrition and Facts you should know
Chia seeds have become very common in a weight-watchers diet now. Some people make smoothies, pudding and even sprinkle these seeds over salads. Chia seeds are versatile in nature and could be eaten very easily. Incorporating these in your diet is very easy and very beneficial too.
Given below are some nutritional facts about Chia Seeds.
NUTRITIOUS FUN FACT:
Approximately 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds contain
Fibers - 11 grams
Proteins - 4 grams
Fat - 9 grams (5 grams of which are omega-3s fatty acids)
Calcium - 18% of RDI
Manganese - 30% of RDI
Magnesium - 30% of RDI
Phosphorus - 27% of RDI
Digestible carbohydrates – 1 gram
Calories – 137 (only)
Decent amounts of zinc
Vitamin B3 (niacin)
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and
Given the seed's versatile nature, Chia seeds can be easily incorporated into daily diets.
Facts Related to Chia Seeds:
1. Chia seeds help in weight management, thereby avoiding the risk of obesity.
2. Chia seeds are low on digestible carbs and are anti-inflammatory in nature, hence consuming chia seeds regularly as part of your diet helps keep bloating at bay and helps the body maintain a healthy weight and blood sugar levels.
3. Chia seeds are considered a powerhouse of dietary fibers.
4. They are packed with rich proteins, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorus, magnesium along with various other micronutrients.
5. Chia seeds are also gluten-free and are also easily digestible, hence consuming chia seeds on a regular basis helps the body improve glucose and insulin tolerances.
6. Helping the body maintain its weight, and control blood sugar levels.
7. Chia Seeds can also help prevent various cardiovascular diseases.
8. Often when we are caught up with lots of work, the stress level increases and we often feel tired and depressed all the time.
9. Chia seeds have Omega 3 fatty acids which help in enlightening moods.
10. Constant intake of Chia Seeds for almost about 14 days can help fight depression.
11. Chia Seeds have a combination of Serotonin and Melatonin which assures you relaxation during night hours resulting in an improved sleep cycle.
With a combination of Calcium, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Vitamin A. These elements work well for the whitening of teeth.
Chia seeds can be consumed pre or post workouts since they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.
If you are confused on how to incorporate these seeds in your diet so you can get all the benefits of it, its easy. Sprinkle raw or roasted chia seeds on your salads, smoothies or milkshakes. Make milkshakes or puddings. you can add them in your lemonade or in green tea too. or simply soak chia seeds for an hour and then drink them with water.
- 0 Comments