Diet for Depression -Foods that help to fight Depression
Are you feeling low on energy these days? Getting distracted easily? If you are looking for ideas to get out of this zone, you are at the right place!
One of the reasons for feeling depressed could be related to the diet we consume. By nourishing our body with a proper diet, we can boost our mood.
What can we add to our diet to reduce mental stress? Read below.
- Dark Chocolate- What if we tell you, dive into a pool of dark chocolate, where you will feel so much better? Well, yes! Dark chocolate has antioxidant properties and can help in lifting your mood. Add True Elements Chocolate Granola with 100% dark chocolate in your breakfast meals option and say goodbye to the stress. It’s guilt-free chocolate indulgence & so much healthier!
- Walnuts -Like Dark chocolate, Walnuts also have antioxidant properties and can be utilised to reduce mental pressure. Walnuts are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that work wonders in elevating our mood. Need to make sure you have enough Walnuts? Grab a pack of True Elements Daily Dose Trail Mix.
- Leafy Greens- Since childhood, our mothers have told us the benefits of consuming leafy greens. Well, another advantage of leafy greens is, they nourish our bodies and helps us in managing stress. Add leafy greens like spinach and lettuce to the diet and live a happier and healthier life.
- Blueberries- Blueberries have Vitamin C as well as antioxidants which help in combating the negatives of stress. Blueberries are delicious and will help you in feeling happy.
- Bananas- Bananas also help in handling depression. They contain Vitamin B6 that helps in generating serotonin that helps in balancing the mood.
- Avocado- Avocado is another ingredient that you can add to the diet to reduce stress levels. It is rich in vitamin C and different types of vitamin B, thus another healthy and delicious option to be added to the breakfast list.
- Seeds (chia seeds and flax seeds)- Chia seeds and Flax seeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids that impact the mood and thus help in dealing with depression.
There is no magic cure to depression, but simple changes in our diet and following a healthy lifestyle can help reduce the feeling of depression and lift our moods to face whatever challenges the world has to offer. And even don’t forget to involve yourself in your favourite recreational hobbies & spend some time for yourself on doing things that you love the most.
- 0 Comments