Basil seeds, also known as sabja, are known to have been used traditionally in Ayurvedic and Chinese medication. In the past few years, because of the wide range of health benefits it provides, Basil seeds have started gaining attention in the West.
True Elements Basil seeds are made available in its natural form from the sweet basil plant, Ocimum basilicum. The nutrient content and the health benefits slightly vary from chia seeds, along with the appearance. These seeds are similar to the size of chia seeds, but they differ from their colour. Chia seeds are found to be in a round shape with grey or brownish colour whereas basil seeds are completely black and are tear-shaped in appearance. Like chia seeds, basil seeds also become glutinous when soaked in water. The main difference between the two seeds is that, Chia Seeds usually take a longer time to swell, as compared to that of basil seeds.
How can True Elements Basil Seeds be beneficial for your health?
Worried about sugar spikes? Consume few spoons of Basil Seeds:
- Basil seeds are low in cholesterol and high in monounsaturated fats, which is highly beneficial for diabetics and sugar-conscious people. Due to this, it helps to keep the blood sugar levels under control and prevents sugar spikes.
Want to improve your digestive health? You must try these tiny yet super seeds:
- These seeds contain fibre in high amount. When soaked in water, the fibre of these seeds becomes mucus like which further has a laxative effect. Consumption of these seeds also helps in relieving stomach pain, constipation, indigestion. These seeds are known to provide a cooling effect to your stomach, thus avoiding the burning sensations in the stomach which are felt by many when they consume something spicy or hot.
Want to shrink your waistline? Add basil seeds to your diet:
- Being super rich in fibre and low in cholesterol, these seeds are effective in making you feel full, thus helping you to prevent binge eating and promotes weight loss.
Are you feeling stressed out? Have a spoon full of basil seeds:
- Research shows that consumption of basil seeds is known to have an uplifting effect on your mood, which helps to deal with mental fatigue, headache and stress.
Want to enhance your skin health? Consume these seeds:
- Basil seeds are helpful in maintaining skin health as they are rich in antioxidants. The antibacterial properties prevent the harmful bacteria from entering into the body, thus helping to strengthen the skin cells.
How to use:
You can soak them in water for 15-20 minutes and then consume it. You can also add it to juices, smoothies and other bakery goods. You can sprinkle it on top of salads and soups.
Store it in a cool, dry and dark place away from moisture. Keep away from direct sunlight.
Contains Soy. Packed in a facility that also handles Tree Nuts and Cereals containing Gluten.