Flaxseed For Hair Growth: 3 Best Ways To Make Effective DIY
In recent times, Flaxseeds have gained a lot of popularity and for all the right reasons! These tiny seeds are called a superfood because of the plethora of benefits they offer. Flax seeds are a rich source of antioxidants, healthy fats, lignans and many other nutrients. Frequent consumption of flaxseeds can give you many health benefits like weight management, a healthy gut and even help reduce heart diseases. But since they are high in omega-3 fatty acid, they provide plenty of beauty benefits as well.
Did you know? Flax seeds are the richest plant source of the essential fatty acid Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA). ALA can help in decreasing hair loss and enhancing skin health. Consuming them can give you its full benefits, but topical usage of flaxseed in beauty regime has also started becoming normal.
Here are 3 DIY flaxseed hair growth recipes you can try at home:
Flaxseed Hair Pack:
- To make this hair mask, you have to take 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of flaxseeds in a saucepan.
- Boil the flax seeds in medium flame by stirring them at regular intervals.
- You will see white foam on the surface. Then, pour it into a strainer and collect the liquid in a jar.
- Let it cool down for a while. You can take 1/4 of the liquid and store the rest in a fridge.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in the flax seeds liquid. The consistency of the pack will thicken. Mix it well.
- You add any essential oil like lavender to this mixture. Stir well.
- Apply the mask and keep it on for about 3 hours. You can wash it off with your regular hair wash routine.
Flaxseed Hair Oil:
- Pour 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of flaxseed into a pan. On low flame, bring the mixture to a boil while stirring flax seed at regular intervals with a wooden spoon.
- Turn off heat when a foamy gel-like liquid forms. Keep stirring while it simmers.
- Place a strainer on top of your bowl and pour in the mixture. Add essential oils if desired.
- Keep aside and let it cool.
- Massage oil evenly on your scalp and store the rest in the refrigerator.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes and wash it off with your regular shampoo.
Flaxseed Leave-in Conditioner:
- Place 1/2 cup of flax seeds into a pot with distilled water.
- Boil it for 3-4 minutes. Once it starts boiling, take it off the heat and strain the mixture. Reserve only the liquid flax seed conditioner.
- Add 2-3 tbsp coconut oil and your preferred essential oil like lavender oil for extra benefits.
- Transfer the liquid to a spray bottle and set it aside to cool.
- Wash your hair like you usually do and on damp hair, spray this flax seed leave-in conditioner.
Consuming alsi seeds alongside using these home remedies at home will make a big difference in improving hair health and increasing hair growth. You might not require spending on expensive treatments or buying chemical treatments as flax seeds will naturally help you achieve luscious and smooth hair.
- 0 Comments