Foods That May Help Relieve Heartburn
There are moments in life when we all experience a burning pain in our chest. This pain could be due to heartburn. The feeling is irritating and can sometimes lead to serious issues like gastroesophageal reflux disease. Implementing some basic lifestyle changes can help in dealing with heartburn. Apart from daily exercise and frequently consuming smaller portions of meals, the food we eat can help relieve heartburn.
Here is the list of foods you can add to the diet plan to save yourself from heartburn.
- Oatmeal: Fibrous Oatmeal is promising in terms of controlling heartburn. Oatmeal helps in absorbing the acids in the stomach and provide relief. Enjoy your morning with True Elements Multigrain Oatmeal and say sayonara to the burning chest.
- Yoghurt: Having a cold bowl of curd after meals can provide the required comfort to your stomach. Yoghurt consists of probiotics which is a type of bacteria that can ease discomfort by improving the digestive system. It also consists of proteins that allow the proper digestion of food.
- Ginger: Consuming ginger tea is a routine in most Indian households. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can immediately provide soothing relief to your upset stomach and reduce heartburn in the chest.
- Aloe vera: The benefits of applying aloe vera for healthy skin is known to all. What if we tell you that drinking aloe vera juice can provide relief to heartburn? Aloe vera has compounds that help in controlling the secretion of acid in the stomach and can provide a soothing feeling in the chest.
- Bananas: Eat a banana or use it as a topping for your oatmeal bowl and enjoy the delicious treat while getting relief from heartburn. Bananas are rich in fibre and potassium that can help control stomach acids and provide relief from heartburn.
- Melons: Melons have cooling properties that provide the required hydration to the body and help prevent the burning feeling in the chest. The antioxidants and the fibre present in melons help avoid acid reflux and thus is a cure for treating heartburn.
- Green vegetables: Vegetables like spinach, brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc are highly alkaline and can help prevent heartburn. These vegetables have lesser content of sugar and thus help in reducing the acid content in the stomach.
- Chamomile tea: This herbal tea has the anti-inflammatory property that acts against the acid generation in the stomach and provides relief from heartburn. It helps in digestion and counters acid reflux while making you feel comfortable and free from heartburn.
Eating these can help you relieve heartburns, but having the right foods that do not cause this issue can be a better option because prevention is always better than cure!
- 0 Comments