Have You Heard of Transcendental Meditation?
What is Transcendental Meditation (TM) ?
It’s a new technique of meditation which is silent in nature and is mantra based, developed by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
How is TM different from other forms of meditation?
Other forms of meditation seek to train your mind in such a way that you focus on your presence, emotions and sensations.
For example: Focusing on your Breath.
While Transcendental Meditation focuses on beyond thoughts and doesn’t involve any kind of consistent concentration.
A Ph.D. student explains ,”the cerebral areas play an important role in modulation of your inner states and the changes between different cerebral areas are linked to your anxiety level.”
Mantra is repeated in the meditation session in TM which helps the mind to settle down.
Steps to do Transcendental Meditation?
- Sit on a chair with your feet touching the ground and your hands on your lap.
- Close your eyes and take deep breaths.
- Open your eyes and close them again. This time keep close for a 20 minutes session.
- Repeat your mantra for the whole session.
- After 20 minutes, slowly start moving your fingers.
- Open your eyes.
- Get up until you feel ready to continue your day.
Benefits of Transcendental Meditation:
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Lowers the blood pressure.
- Lowers risk of heart attack.
- Improves memory.
- 0 Comments
Add your Perspective