High Protein Snacks That Are Healthy and Portable
Proteins are essential for our body as it helps to build the cells and help us grow. Due to busy schedules, we may not get the required amount of protein which affects our growth. So we can add protein snacks to our daily diet as they are protein-rich and portable enough to consume anytime and anywhere. You can avoid junk foods as proteins keep you fuller for a period which is helpful for weight management. Here are some snacks that you can have:
- Trail Mix: It is a mixture of dry fruits, nuts and seeds, that makes them high in protein. Trail mix is a high energy source snack that is consumed highly by fitness enthusiasts. A bowl full of trail mix is said to be ideal for your mid-day munching.
- Greek Yoghurt Parfait: A yoghurt parfait requires yoghurt along with granola filling or muesli or any filling of your choice. Many people add seeds or nuts as toppings to their parfait to make it more nutritious and healthy. Apart from protein, greek yoghurt parfait is a rich source of calcium.
- Energy Bites: You can have small & crunchy bites of proteins made of nuts, seeds and oats - which is highly nutritious & you can enjoy them anywhere. They are a rich source of energy and you can have it while travelling or while working at home, etc. it’s highly convenient.
- Cheese Slices: Cheese is rich in protein, calcium and phosphorus and many more, so they are very filling and nutritious. Many health experts suggest eating cheese along with vegetables to get complete nutrients. Though it’s healthy, it is rich in calories which might increase the weight. So it is often suggested to eat cheese in moderation.
- Almonds: It’s rich in vitamin E along with protein and calcium. A handful (15-20) of almonds daily is beneficial as they have many health benefits. Eating more can result in an increase in weight due to the high calories present.
- Pumpkin seeds: They are perfect for quick healthy snacks. They are rich in magnesium along with many nutrients like fibre, zinc and protein. Pumpkin seeds also enhance hair and skin health due to the presence of antioxidants. These seeds are versatile enough to have different flavours, for example, chilli pumpkin seeds, cheesy seeds, honey-coated seeds, etc.
- Nut Butter: The famous form of nut butter is peanut butter made of peanuts. It’s a good source of energy that is creamy and highly portable. Take it with you on picnics or pack it in tiffin for the office by making peanut butter sandwiches.
- Protein Shakes: If you are in a hurry, protein shakes are a great alternative to your breakfast or different snacks. They are full of protein along with various nutrients. These shakes are ideal for people who are managing their weight or are food conscious.
- Whole grain Muffins: Muffins are everyone’s favourite as they are tasty and less creamy. To make it more nutritious, you can use oats flour or multigrain flour as they are high in proteins. Add berries or seeds to give them a good flavour and it's ready to be your go-to snack.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Chickpeas are legumes- rich in many proteins and vitamins that make them super nutritious. Roasting them can keep them fresh for longer hours. Also, add some veggies and spices to the roasted chickpeas to have a delicious spicy yet high protein snack.
These snacks are nutritious and full of proteins. Also, they are highly portable which means you can carry them anywhere for your munching needs. Hope this helps!
- 0 Comments