Honey And Spice Cake
Looking for a guilt-free, binge-worthy cake to satisfy your dessert cravings with no compromise on health for your strict diet routine. With the goodness of Honey, indulge into this spongy cake made without eggs and oven.
1 cup milk
1 tsp Fruit salt/eno
1/2 cup True Elements Raw Honey
1/4th cup Powdered Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4th tsp each of Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorn
1 tbsp Butter
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Take a pressure cooker, keep a wire rack or plate in the bottom (plate should be upside down so that the cake tin can sit on it properly. Make sure the cooker is dry from the inside.
- Pre-heat on a gas stove for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take a cake tin and grease it with butter and dust it with refined. You can use non-stick spray or even line the tin with parchment paper.
- Heat pan and on low heat slowly roast all the dry spices until aromatic. Please be careful as cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves may burn quickly.
- Once roasted well, bring it to room temperature and grind it coarsely. You can make fine powder if you don’t like biting into spices.
- Now take a large bowl and sift in refined flour, powdered sugar, and dried powdered spices.
- In another bowl mix milk, honey, and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients slowly until you get a ribbon consistency.
- If the batter is too thick add some milk, if it is too runny add some refined flour and powdered sugar.
- In the end, just before keeping the cake tin in the cooker add fruit salt/ eno in the batter.
- Pour ½ tsp milk on top of fruit salt to activate it.
- Slowly mix the batter but don’t overmix it.
- Pour the batter into the cake mould and tap it on flour to release any air bubbles. You can top this with some dried fruits or nuts.
- Now keep the tin in the pressure cooker and cover the cooker with a lid. Do not keep it with a whistle, do not add any pressure. Cover the cooker with a plate if you wish to.
- Cook the cake on a slow flame for 30 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes insert the toothpick and if it comes out clean your cake is ready.
- If the tooth pick doesn’t come out clean, let the cake cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the cooker and let it come to room temperature.
- Remove it from the cake mould and let it cool completely.
- You can top the cake with nuts, dry fruits, whipped cream or honey.