Indulge in your sweet tooth with these soft and light crumb honey cakes which are famous in South Indian bakeries. The trick of getting a delicious honey cake is using high-quality honey. You can enjoy these honey cakes with your cup of tea or coffee on a calming evening while reading your favourite book.
350g Wheat flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Coldwater
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Water
1 cup True Elements Raw Honey
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix them well for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, add wheat flour, baking soda, salt and mix them well by using the cut and fold method. Add water if required and mix well forming thick flowy consistency batter.
- Transfer the batter into a cake mould which is greased with butter to avoid sticking and put butter paper at the bottom of the tray. Level the batter and shake the tray twice to remove any air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180-degree celsius for 30 minutes.
- Once baked take it out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with a fork to make sure the cake is baked well.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoon sugar in ½ cup water. Boil the sugar syrup till it turns sticky and allow it to cool down.
- Now add True Elements Raw Honey to the warm sugar syrup and mix well.
- Pour the honey syrup on the sponge cake and allow it to seep into the cake.
- Take ½ cup strawberry jam and 1 tablespoon True Elements Raw Honey in a pan. Mix well in low flame.
- Once the jam is melted, switch the gas off. Do not boil the jam.
- Spread a generous amount of jam mixture on the sponge cake.
- Sprinkle True Elements 5 in 1 Super Seed Mix for serving.