How to Beat Menopausal Hot Flashes Naturally?
Hot flashes are one of the most common and painful symptoms of menopause. It can happen any time and can leave you sweaty or red-faced. It is usually a sensation of heat which begins around the head and neck regions. It is often experienced prior to menopause or during the early stages of menopause. It is quite embarrassing to suffer from such symptoms. But is there any way where we can beat such symptoms in natural ways, without the use of medications?
Here is a list of 6 superfoods which will help in fighting the menopausal hot flashes:
- Soy milk is the richest source of phytoestrogen, which acts like estrogen and regulates female hormonal balance. Estrogen is responsible for biological activities in females. Hence, soy milk can help in decreasing the hot flashes in women during menopause. One of the best sources of soy other than soy milk is tofu, soybeans, etc.
- Fibrous foods, which are a rich source of both soluble and insoluble fibre are helpful in keeping weight under control, thus causing less trouble during menopause. Whole grain foods such as barley, oatmeal, brown rice, etc are rich in dietary fibre. Dietary fibre is an essential component necessary to balance the levels of estrogen. Thus, foods like these can help in eliminating the excess estrogen from the bodies and thus prevent hot flashes.
- Calcium is one of the essential minerals for reducing menopausal symptoms. During menopause and old age, women often suffer from bone health issues. Calcium can help in improving the mineral bone density, thus keeping your bones healthy. Calcium intake can help in preventing the risks of osteoporosis and bone decay.
- Apart from the rich protein content in eggs, they are also a rich source of vitamin B. Vitamin B is an essential vitamin which is responsible for the functioning of the normal adrenal gland function and hormone synthesis. Thus, it is necessary to control the production of estrogen and progesterone to reduce the complications during menopausal Hot Flashes.
- Pineapples and Amla are a rich source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is good for fighting off the free radicals which damage the cells and tissues of the body. It is a powerful antioxidant which reduces the oxidative stress and furth Menopausal Hot Flashes.
Seeds and Nuts:
- Seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, almonds, etc are rich sources of healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help in regulating the cellular function of the body. Omega-3 fats are also helpful in easing the hot flashes in menopausal women.
It’s never too late to make some changes in your lifestyle like adopting a healthy diet and regular physical exercise. Hence, the sooner you start eating healthy foods, the healthier and longer you will live.