How to Roast flax seeds?
Flaxseed is a healthy and versatile addition to all your meals. Roasted flaxseeds help in producing Omega 3 fatty acid which is essential for our body. Apart from that, it is a good source of fibre and protein. You can consume it in the form of whole seed, oil or milled. Roasting flaxseeds break the hard upper coat, which was very difficult to break earlier while chewing. The nutrients of flaxseed are in the seed and therefore after breaking the cover, it is easier to digest and absorb the nutrients.
You can roast your flax seeds on the gas stove or in the oven. Here are the steps to roast your flax seeds
Gas Stove Method:
- Place a pan on the stove. Heat it for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add the flaxseeds to the hot pan.
- Stir them frequently for 3 to 5 minutes so that they roast perfectly. Stirring is important so that they don’t burn.
- Let it cool and store in an airtight container.
- Spread seeds on a baking sheet evenly.
- Roast the seeds in a preheated oven at 375F (190 °C) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can add a few drops of oil and rock salt for your taste.
- Let the seeds cool before storing.
- 0 Comments
Recommended Products for you
Add your Perspective