Pumpkin Seeds: How These Tiny Seeds Will Help To Boost Immunity!
We knew about pumpkin because of the famous pumpkin spice latte or halloween or the sambar or some of us know it for being our most disliked vegetables. But how many of us knew that the seeds of this not so famous vegetable are absolutely delicious and healthy. Pumpkin seeds are healthy and a great immunity booster. And unlike most healthy foods, they are really tasty. Salted and roasted pumpkin seeds are crunchy and taste great too.
- Pumpkin seeds boost immunity as they are rich in zinc. They can decrease the risk of cold and flu and even viral diseases.
- These tiny green seeds have a huge amount of other nutrition and are great for maintaining a super healthy life.
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids they help maintain “good” cholesterol levels.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in dietary fibers making them great for digestion.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in protein and low in carbohydrates and hence are great as snack.
- Pumpkin seeds contain iron, phosphorus and are a great source of unsaturated fats which also includes alpha-linoleic acid that can promote heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Pumpkin seeds contain a great deal of minerals and vitamins and are great for bones and skin. They also have antifungal and antibacterial properties.
It's also very easy to make these green seeds a part of your daily diet. You can buy some roasted salted or flavored Pumpkin seeds and eat them as a snack or you can sprinkle them on your salads, top them on smoothies and yoghurt, or make a raita for your next biryani treat.
So next time when you are looking for a healthy alternative look for these tiny seeds and see them doing wonders to your overall health.
- 0 Comments