Quinoa Fried Rice
A perfect rescue for your colourful, flavoursome fried rice cravings, what if you could swap the traditional rice with our gluten-free Quinoa? Keeping rest of the ingredients and method same, this unique Quinoa Fried Rice recipe will not only leave you healthy, but will also add a delicious taste to your taste buds because of it's smooth texture when cooked. Add a dash of veggies for a satisfying belly.
6 cups Salted Water
1 cup finely chopped Onions
1 cup finely chopped Capsicum
1/2 cup grated Carrot
2 spoon grated Garlic
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tbsp Black pepper
Salt to taste
1 spoon Soy Sauce (optional)
2 eggs (optional)
- Wash the quinoa thoroughly with drinking water.
- For 1 cup of quinoa add 6 cups of salted water for boiling.
- Boil the quinoa for 15 mins till you see the sprouts. Switch off the flame and let it sit for 15 more mins.
- You can boil the quinoa in vegetable/chicken stock as well.
- While your quinoa is resting, chop some vegetables of your choice. I picked onions, garlic, carrots, and capsicum.
- In a pan add some oil saute the veggies (except capsicum) for 2 mins.
- Push the veggies to the other side of the pan and crack an egg (optional).
- After scrambling the egg, mix it with the veggies. Add some salt, pepper and chilli powder. Mix well.
- Add the boiled quinoa in the pan and mix it with the veggies and egg. Add the chopped capsicum at this point.
- At this point you can add some soy sauce to give it some extra flavour and colour.
- Mix well and serve hot!