Vegan Granola Bars
These homemade bars are vegan and made with wholesome ingredients. They are rich in nutrients, vitamins, healthy fats and are naturally sweetened. Incredibly delicious and even loved by kids, hence a perfect snack for a family.
- Process dates in a food processor until form a “dough” like consistency.
- Toast the muesli in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Place muesli, peeled and sliced almonds, sunflower seed, flaxseed, and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm maple syrup and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Add Vanilla Essence.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened and tightly packed.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days.