Convert your regular dosa into a more healthier one with this special unique recipe from the superfood Quinoa. Often consumed as a replacement for rice, this superfood can also give you delicious treats in different forms. Being versatile in nature, quinoa can easily absorb any flavours when cooked. Quinoa Dosa is tasty customization of healthy ingredient quinoa to our regular Indian breakfast. A rich source of protein and fibre, this recipe when eaten as a breakfast can energize you and fill up your stomach while keeping you active for the rest of the day.
1/2 cup of White Rice
1/4 cup Urad Dal
1 teaspoon of Fenugreek Seeds
1/2 teaspoon of Cooking Oil
A pinch of Salt
- To prepare the batter for Quinoa Dosa, soak Quinoa, Rice, Urad Dal and Fenugreek Seeds for at least 4-6 hours in water.
- After soaking, grind it into a mixture to form a consistent batter.
- Transfer the batter into a large bowl and then add salt to taste.
- Mix this batter with hands to speed up the fermentation process. Rest this mixture overnight or for 6 hours.
- Heat the dosa pan on a high flame for 5 minutes.
- Spread ½ cup of dosa batter evenly onto the pan. Drizzle a teaspoon of cooking oil to the dosa.
- When the colour of the dosa turn golden brown, flip it to another side to make the other side crispier, for about 2 minutes. Your crispy Quinoa Dosa is ready to eat.
- Serve the dosa with Coconut Chutney and Sambar for a delicious treat to your taste buds.