Steel Cut Oats Upma
This Delectable upma made with True Elements steel-cut oats add the goodness of Fibre and Nutrition to your regular upma. And for all those that don't just like the sweet steel-cut oatmeal, this savory twist to your oats is simply perfect. This yummy recipe is just the simplest thing you’ll have for breakfast. It’ll energize you and keep you full for a while.
Prep: 20 mins
1/2 cup Mixed vegetables ( carrot, bell peppers, green peas)
1/2 Ginger, finely chopped
2 Green chili
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
8-10 Curry leaves
pinch Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Oil
1 ½ cup Water
- Cook the steel-cut oats in a pressure cooker up to 3-4 whistles. Allow the cooker to cool down.
- In a pan, heat the oil, add mustard seeds and asafoetida powder (Hing). After the seeds splutter, add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and chopped vegetables.
- Now put salt and turmeric powder and cover the vegetables.
- Add the cooked steel-cut oats and toss them so it mixes. Turn down the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and a few drops of lemon juice to add that zing and Enjoy!