Steel Cut Oatmeal
Everyone’s had or heard about oatmeal. This popular dish with the superfood ‘oats’ is a consistent part of the breakfast regime for many of us. While the regular rolled oats and instant oats are healthy, won’t it be better to have a much healthier version of our beloved oatmeal? Well, that’s possible with True Elements steel-cut oats. The nutty flavor and toothsome texture which the steel-cut oats impart are much better than the mushy and soupy regular oatmeal. This superb steel-cut oatmeal recipe delivers amazing texture and flavour along with loads of health benefits.
Prep: 17 mins
Cook: 17 mins
1 cup milk- (almond milk or coconut milk can also be used for those with lactose intolerance)
3 cups Water
1 tsp Butter
1/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
4 tbsp True Elements Roasted Sunflower, Pumpkin and Flax Seed blend
Salt: as desired
Optional add-ins: walnuts, toasted almonds, fresh fruits and berries, dates
- Mix the water and milk in a large pan and simmer the mixture over medium heat.
- Simultaneously, in another pan melt the butter over medium heat and add the steel-cut oats.
- Keep stirring it occasionally, allowing it to cook.
- The toasted oats have a greatly enhanced taste.
- After about 2 minutes or after the oats turn golden, add the oats to the milk and water mixture.
- Cook the oats on reduced heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The mixture would start thickening gradually.
- Add the dash of salt and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat; the oatmeal would be really creamy by then. 10. Add your toppings and ground cinnamon just before serving and enjoy a steaming hot bowl of oatmeal.