Mini Quinoa Pizza
Who doesn’t love Pizza? There’s something more than gratifying about the layers of cheese and the delicious toppings. Sadly, pizza isn’t any healthy. Then, why not transform your unhealthy pizza and give it a healthy spin. A makeover to your pizza and it’s a bet that it would be a delicious hit. Mini Quinoa Pizza, extremely simple to make and when the great superfood quinoa is added, your dish is instantly upgraded in the health food space. I am sure your kids and even you, will devour these mini pizzas.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
3/4 cup Quinoa Uncooked
1/4 cup Water
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
12 Slices - Pepperoni or sliced sausages (If you want to make the pizza vegetarian, you can replace it with veggies of your choice)
1/2 cup Tomato sauce or pizza sauce
1/2 cup Cheese, shredded (you can add cheese, according to your preference)
Oregano, Basil and Chilli Flakes
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Soak uncooked quinoa for 6-8 hours in normal water or 2 hours in hot water.
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celcius Spray some baking spray over muffin tin or line it with parchment paper.
- Rinse the quinoa properly and add it to the blender. Add all the crust ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides in between.
- Once properly blended, pour batter into each muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes or till softly brown.
- Remove the pan and flip the crust, to cook the other side.
- Return it to the oven and cook for 6 minutes or till the corners turn brownish.
- Remove from the oven and top each crust with 1 teaspoon of sauce, pepperoni or any other topping used and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese has started to brown and melt.
- Remove and let it cool on the pan, garnish with herbs and add more cheese if required Serve immediately with your favorite sauce.