Natural Foods To Enhance Your Skin
Some may follow a strict beauty regime, while some may wash their face and are good to go. Getting the perfect glowing & clear skin may not come easy. Splurging on expensive creams may help you for a certain period, but for consistent healthy skin it is crucial to have a healthy lifestyle & diet. Older skin cells shed and are replaced by newer ones, requiring a steady supply of critical nutrients to maintain this rapid growth. Regardless of how hard you try to avoid it, the skin will age over time. Overexposure to the sun, stress, pollution, chemicals and poor nutrition can all fasten the appearance of wrinkles and age spots on the skin.
Keeping this in mind, it's critical to adopt a comprehensive strategy. Start by eating fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants and healthy fats. For healthy skin, add the following foods in your diet or include them in your meals:
- Dryfruits: Dryfruits can be amazing snacks, toppings or ingredients to your favourite curries. But, did you know they do wonders for your skin? Walnuts, for one, are enriched with Vitamin B that helps keep fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots away. If glowing skin is what you are looking for, then Almonds are the way to go! They are known to be high in selenium and zinc which helps the skin have a natural shine. If tanning, fine lines and ageing is something you are worried about- A cashew face pack can do wonders. Cashews are known for their superpower of generating new skin cells. All you need to do is grind some cashews and make their consistency a bit creamy (which they already are) and apply it to your face for a good 10 minutes!
- Seeds: Seeds are rich in antioxidants with a handful of minerals. The most commonly known seed that can do wonders is Chia seeds. While you top your cereals with these seeds, make sure to keep some aside as a face pack. Chia seeds can help you get radiant skin while also acting like a moisturiser. If you are suffering from acne or any inflammation on your skin, flax seeds are the way to go- they are usually good for hormonal imbalance which takes a huge toll on your skin. Have a 1 spoon of this as per your needs and track your progress weekly!
- Fish: If you are a fish eater, you’re in luck! Fishes such as mackerel and salmon are known to be super high in omega 3 fatty acids which is the powerhouse for healthy skin. Omega 3 fatty acids helps keep the skin supple, soft and moisturised
- Berries: How about some yummy berries? Berries such as blueberries boost collagen in the skin which is extremely essential to keep the skin less elastic while reducing wrinkles. It is also known to reduce inflammation and improve circulation in the body. Cranberries are also known to do wonders to your skin. They are rich in Vitamin C and A which help reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Dark Chocolate: Bet you wouldn't have expected dark chocolate to make the list- but it has! Interestingly, dark chocolate works as a sunscreen. It has the capacity to protect your skin against sun damage. Other notable benefits of dark chocolate is improving blood flow in the skin and helping the skin stay hydrated- especially for your summer skin care routine!
These are a few foods you can include to your diet but, remember to keep your body hydrated. Drinking plenty of water helps push out toxins. Try avoiding fatty, unhealthy food and make a switch to more clean, fresh and healthy ones! Include at least one of the mentioned foods to your daily diet and start keeping tabs on your progress. Since everyone's skin acts and reacts differently, it is important to know what suits you and your skin.
Stay Healthy, Eat Healthy and Stay True to Yourself!
- 0 Comments