These appams/paniyaram are a perfect option when you want to prepare a quick and instant snack or breakfast.
2 tbsp semolina/Suji/Rawa
1 cup Curd
1 tsp baking soda (optional)
2 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a mixer jar take Suji/Semolina and Instant oats and grind it to a fine powder.
- In a bowl take this powder and add curd into it. Mix it well.
- Add some water and make a semi thick batter. This batter should be slightly thicker than cake batter.
- Add salt as per taste and mix well.
- Add baking soda/fruit salt and mix well. (this step is optional).
- Heat an appam pan and add little oil to grease it.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the pan.
- Let it cook on low medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip the appam and cook from the other side.
- Let the appam turn golden brown from both the sides.
- Once done, serve hot with chutney and sambar.