Oats Choco Chip Cookies
Made with oats, butter, and brown sugar, you are guaranteed the softest and chewiest oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Use this perfect oatmeal cookie as the base for other add-ins such as raisins, dried cranberries, and nuts. Cinnamon and a touch of molasses add that little something extra. These are the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Unsalted Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 cups True Elements Whole Instant Oats
2 cups Choco Chips
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, beat in the oats and both types of chocolate chips.
- Dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and chill the dough for at least 45 minutes in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough, about 3 Tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place 4 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.