Winters is almost here, and what better than a steaming warm bowl of Oats Halwa to make up for your sweet cravings without altering your diet cycle? This quick, instant Oats halwa is the easiest to prepare, with hardly any complex ingredients require, and can be prepared just the way you want it.
1 tbsp Sugar
Handful of Dried fruits and nuts
2 cups Milk
2-3 strands of Saffron
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tsp Ghee
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Lightly roast True Elements instant oats on a slow flame.
- Soak saffron strands in 1 tsp milk and keep aside for later use.
- Remove the oats from the flame and keep aside. In the same pan heat 1 tsp ghee and roast the dried fruits and nuts until aromatic. (buts will turn slightly golden brown)
- Now in another pan, heat some milk and add the roasted oats. And cook these oats for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the saffron milk, cardamom powder, and sugar in cooked oats.
- Now add the chopped roasted dried fruits and mix well.
- Remember to add dried fruits in the end so the crunch is retained.
- If you want your dried fruits slightly soft, you can add them along with the oats.
- Serve the halwa by garnishing with dried fruits on top.