Puttu is a traditional South Indian delicacy, we gave it a unique twist by making oats puttu.
Salt as per taste
4 tbsp coconut grated
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a bowl, add oats and salt and mix it well.
- Sprinkle water slowly to wet the mixture. Make sure the mixture does not turn soggy.
- Continue adding water slowly until the mixture feels moist in your hand.
- In a puttu mold, add a layer of grated coconut first, then 2 scoops of oats, and then again add a layer of grated coconut and a layer of oats. Continue till the brim ending with a layer of grated coconut.
- Steam it for 5 minutes and enjoy your healthy Oats Puttu.