Oats are healthy but having oatmeal every day can become very repetitive. Try this spicy Oats Upma recipe rich in veggies and loads of flavors.
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
4-5 curry leaves
1 tsp ginger
2 chopped green chilies
1/2 chopped onion
2 tbsp chopped french beans
2 tbsp chopped carrot
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Heat a pan and dry roast the oats. When they turn slightly brown remove them from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add oil. When the oil heats add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add ginger, curry leaves, onion and saute well.
- Add all the vegetables and green chillies and mix well.
- Add half a cup of water and let the vegetables cook well.
- Add roasted oats and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.