Peach Oatmeal Smoothie
The longer it sits, the thicker the smoothie gets. It remains drinkable, but I liked using a giant spoon to get all of the little peach bits! Flaked almonds and more oats on the top add a little texture, more fiber and a lot more awesome It’s fruity, tangy from the yogurt, rich and creamy in the best possible way. Go make this!
Prep: 17 mins
Cook: 16 mins
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a blender or food processor (see recipe notes), blitz the oats till they are finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Pit the peaches and slice them thinly. Add them to the blender along with the cherries. Blitz until smooth.
- Add a spoonful of yoghurt to help move the mixture along if needed.
- Once the fruits are blended till almost entirely smooth, add the remaining yoghurt, honey and vanilla. Blend very well.
- Add the powdered oats and blend again. The smoothie will not be too thick at this stage.
- Taste and add more honey and vanilla as needed. Transfer to a tall glass and chill for 15 minutes to let it thicken, then drink up!
- Smoothie is best consumed on the same day itself. Enjoy!
- NOTES: If you have a powerful blender, it can be used for every step. But I used my 'chutney grinder' attachment to blitz the oats and puree the fruit, then used the larger attachment to blend everything together.
- I'm sure dairy-free milk or yoghurt could be used to make this smoothie vegan!