It is a perfect weight-reducing snack dessert recipe that helps to control hunger and provides the required nutrient. Generally, these balls are made with store-bought protein powder with chemical ingredients, but this recipe is organic. Presenting you with a healthy NO sugar and NO oil dessert snack recipe made with seeds and dry fruits. You may also call these, energy balls or protein balls or even protein laddoo as it supplies all the required nutrients and thus satisfying the hunger. Basically, you would feel full and consume less junk which eventually helps with weight loss.
1/4 cup Hazelnuts
1/4 cup Pistachios, shelled and plain
2 tbsp Dates, de-seeded, chopped
2 tbsp Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp Coconut, fresh
2 tbsp Ghee
1 cup Jaggery, grated
2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Cardamom powder
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Add the cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios in the grinder and pulse them coarsely.
- The mixture has to be grainy and not powder-like.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan and add the nuts.
- Roast them on a low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and grated coconut and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Throw in the chopped dates chunks and cardamom.
- The aroma of the roasted nuts and cardamom fills in.
- Turn off the flame and set the mixture aside.
- Add the grated jaggery and water in another vessel and melt the jaggery over the low flame.
- After a thick liquid of uniform texture is formed, filter it and remove solid jaggery pieces, if any.
- Add the jaggery syrup to the nuts mixture and mix well.
- Cook this mixture over the low flame and stir it continuously.
- Turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Grease your palms with little ghee and make laddoos.
- The laddoos can be stored in an airtight jar.