Pumpkin Sunflower Butter
Looking for nut-free lunch ideas? Pumpkin and sunflower seed butter is a nutritious, creamy, and delicious nut-free alternative to traditional nut butter. A combination of two super seeds, in a creamy spread, is worth having in your butter collection. All you need are three simple ingredients to make this spread. Not only is it quick to make, but even preschoolers will love it.
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- To make your own homemade butter, preheat oven to 160? and place seeds and spread them evenly on a baking sheet.
- Toast the seeds for 10 minutes until they turn light golden.
- Remove the seeds and let them cool.
- Place the warm seeds in a high-speed blender and blend for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Occasionally, scrape the sides of the blender.
- If you’re adding honey, you can add it at this step.
- Blend the mixture well until it’s smooth