Quick Quinoa Salad
Finding a way to cook with protein-rich quinoa? So why not include it in your salads! Quick Quinoa salad is an easy and tasty way to add this hearty ingredient in your healthy meals. It has tangy and nutty flavor and can go along with any meals, served as a light lunch or can be a part of your summer putlock.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 28 mins
1 Tomato (medium-sized)
1 Cucumber (medium-sized)
1 Parsley (Bunch)
4 Garlic, Cloves
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt to taste
Directions(For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Wash the quinoa under running water.
- Place the clean quinoa in a pot with 1 ¾ cups of water.
- Bring it to boil and cover it with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Allow the quinoa to cool before making the salad or the hot quinoa will lead to wilting of parsley and other veggies.
- The hot quinoa can be spread on a sheet and kept in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Till the time the quinoa cools off, we can start preparing the rest of the salad.
- Dice the tomato and cucumber.
- Rinse the parsley under running water and chop it well.
- Now add the cucumber, tomato, and parsley to a bowl.
- Let’s move on to the dressing.
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon into a bowl.
- Add minced garlic to the lemon juice along with olive oil and salt.
- Finally, add the cooled quinoa and combine it with the chopped vegetables and the lemon dressing. Mix it well and serve!