Protein-packed pillowy soft steamed idlis with quinoa and lentils! With a subtle nutty and sweet taste, these idlis have a light ivory colour from the quinoa. Serve with coconut chutney or piping hot sambar, this healthy meal is sure to be on your repeat menu.
1/2 cup Udad Dal
1/2 cup Sona Masoori Rice/Idli Rice/Raw Rice
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Soaking and Grinding) Rice and Udad Dal to be soaked for 5-6 hours and Quinoa for 3 hours Soak the rice and idli together and quinoa separately.
- Since its a small grain I experimented with soaking for 3 hours and it worked, Grind all this and transfers to a big bowl. Add salt and let this ferment.
- Since I made a small batch it took 3-4 hours for fermenting. If you're making double quantity, ferment for 6-7 hours and more depending on your climate.
- (Steaming) Grease your idli plates generously with oil and add the batter and steam for 10 minutes for mini idlis and 15-20 minutes if you are making in regular moulds.
- Serve with Peanut Chutney, Coriander Coconut Chutney or Sambar. I served with Idli Pocdi and Dry Garlic Chutney.