Quinoa Mac and Cheese
Who doesn't like the classic mac and cheese? but no one likes the extra calories it brings! That is why Here we bring a healthy version of Mac and Cheese with a twist of Quinoa
2 cups True Elements Quinoa (rinsed)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 cups grated cheese
Ground pepper to taste
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- In a medium saucepan, add water and let it boil. Add quinoa and cook it for about 10 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Drain the cooked quinoa properly.
- Add the quinoa to a pan. Cover the pan with a lid and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let it cool.
- Add butter to another saucepan and cook over medium heat until it melts.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, and keep stirring for 5 mins.
- Gradually pour milk into the mixture, while stirring continuously for another 5 minutes until the mixture turns smooth and starts to bubble.
- Add cheese to the mixture and stir until it is melted.
- Add the quinoa and cook it for 5 minutes.