Instead of oat or bran muffins, try these quinoa muffins as breakfast treats to fuel your morning. Make it enticing by adding chopped dried fruit for the raisins, if you like. It’s not just nutritious but is also a very versatile ingredient in the kitchen. The superfood is not just to be used in your main course, you can make some interesting and quick bites with it. They are nutritious and are loaded with flavour. This recipe is a huge hit.
1/4 cup Carrot grated
1/4 cup Sugar
Bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium pepper
1 Broccoli chopped
2 Whole Eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp Grainy mustard sauce
1 ½ cup Water
1/4 tsp Pepper powder
Directions (For qty, refer to the ingredients section)
- Soak the True Elements Roots quinoa in 1 ½ cup water for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190?. Over medium heat, bring the quinoa and water to a boil.
- Lower the flame, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. The quinoa would be light and fluffy by this time.
- Turn down the heat and keep the cooked quinoa aside to be cooled.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked quinoa along with all the remaining ingredients and mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Grease a muffin pan lightly and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The savory muffins would be browned lightly and ready to be devoured!